Vote for America's future. Vote Green.

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Judge Samuel Alito

Before I get into my opinion of Judge Samuel A. Alito, Jr., and his suitability or unsuitability as a member of our nation's highest court, I would like to thank the American Bar Association's for their analysis and the clarity of the definitions for their ratings as applied to nominees for the United States Supreme Court. If you have a pulse and are reading this, I assume you have some version of Adobe Acrobat, which is good since the above link is in .pdf format. As I'm sure you've heard by now, Judge Alito has earned a unanimous "well qualified" rating from the ABA's Standing Committee on Federal Judiciary. This rating was unanimous with one recusal.

Now, on with the show. After researching what I could about Judge Samuel A. Alito, Jr., I have seen nothing that would indicate that he will be anything other than a fair-minded judge who will decide any case that comes before him on the merits of the facts and the laws of the land. When I'm thinking about what I would like to see on any bench, I certainly don't want someone who views his or her own personal agenda as being sovereign over the laws and Constitution of the United States of America. I want a fair and impartial jurist with a brilliant legal mind. In my opinion, insofar as anyone is capable of being impartial, I believe Judge Alito is such a man and will make an excellent addition to the Supreme Court of the United States of America.

No comments: