Vote for America's future. Vote Green.

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Thoughts on California, or, News on the Environment:

There was a time when I thought the only thing I would have in common with California was a President and our probable hatred of modern country music.  Then, I read this article on Yahoo News about plug-in hybrid vehicles.  I think, in particular, that a Toyota spokesperson's comparison of the do-it-yourself plug-in hybrid modifiers to the hotrodders of yesteryear is particularly apt.  Furthermore, this has the advantage over hydrogen-powered vehicles in that it uses existing technology, and has as an advantage over liquid propane-powered vehicles in that the gasoline/diesel infrastructure is more than established, and also would not require much of a shift in the mindset of the general public.  For more information, I strongly recommend following the link at the bottom of the article, the California Cars Initiative.
 
I've said before that my main support for alternative fuels has been because it reduces our dependence on the whims of nations whose leaders don't like us very much and haven't, regardless of the party affiliation of the president, in my lifetime.  Also, if there's a less wasteful way of getting something done, I'm in favor of it.
 
Sorry for the silence.  Some of you whose sites I visit will know that I've been far from quiet the last few days.  I just haven't had a chance to update my site.

No comments: