Vote for America's future. Vote Green.

Saturday, August 27, 2005

Hurricane Katrina

Since I'm so very tired from watching the Weather Channel and otherwise tracking news sources to keep an eye on this storm, I'll keep it brief.  If you read my post on August 21, you'll notice that I mentioned my love of the South, and my passionate hatred of this time of year which exceeds that love.  I'm still in the Hurricane Warning area, and I thoroughly hate it.  I imagine I have a very small taste of what it is like to be a soldier in a combat area, always looking over my shoulder, not knowing when the next attack will occur.  This in no way mitigates what our soldiers experience, but it's simply the best analogy this tired brain can think of at this time.  If I've offended anyone, I'm sincerely and deeply sorry.  If fate is willing, I'll be back soon.  If not, it has been very nice knowing all of you.  Everyone, be safe and live well.

No comments: