Vote for America's future. Vote Green.

Thursday, July 26, 2007

A random irritation:

First, to be absolutely clear, I have no problem whatsoever with the GLBT community. As long as non-related adults are happy and involved in a loving and healthy relationship based on mutual respect, and as long as they respect my right to do the same (although "right" and "ability" are very much different issues and something I have to work on...), I'm cool. No, what bothers me is all of these beautiful women playing transvestite or transgender males. It wasn't too bad when it was Olympia Dukakis in the "More Tales of the City" miniseries, but lately, I've seen the still beautiful Mimi Rogers on one show playing a male transvestite, and on "Ugly Betty", I saw the stunning Rebecca Romijn playing a male-to-female transsexual. I think it's warped mah fragile little mahnd, to quote Eric Cartman from South Park. Fuck it. Mimi Rogers and Rebecca Romijn are still fucking HOT! Still, it seems like such a shame to waste that kind of beauty on an admittely hilarious plot device.

With that in mind, I post the following flashback to a more innocent time. Enjoy. :)

2 comments:

1138 said...

1996 is your innocent times?

Mandelbrot's Chaos said...

Well, compared to now when everything seems to be on a bullet train to hell. I think back then, I was dumb enough to actually listen to Rush Limbaugh, or had just gotten over that phase a year or two prior, and I was still a teenager and a geek. So, yes, 1996 was a bit more innocent for me.