1) Spoken English is almost equivalent to a second language for me, although it's the language I grew up hearing. The written form is where I was first really able to express myself. I didn't even speak a coherent sentence until I was 3, and I didn't achieve true comfort with the spoken form of the language until much later. The causes to this day are not entirely known, but there are some very solid theories.
2) I once wanted to become a speech pathologist out of gratitude to those who helped me, sort of a "Pay It Forward" type deal. Of course, then I remembered that I'm not exactly fond of children who aren't related to me (and some who are). :)
3) I have never voted for a Democrat in any presidential election, although I regret not voting for Badnarik in '04 and for Harry Browne in '00. Also, I have never voted a straight ticket in my life, with my record being roughly half Republican and half other.
4) I have never voted in a Democrat primary, not because I didn't like some of the candidates, but rather, because that's where all the interesting races are and the greatest opportunity to mitigate the damage is in Alabama.
5) I love a good fight, argument, or debate. I find little is as entertaining as watching two people slug it out, or slugging it out myself, though for the last 10-15 years, I've stuck to the verbal forum, because I absolutely suck at fighting.
6) I almost joined the Sierra Club, again, because I was young and spoiling for a fight, a battle of wits. Seeing what they've become now, I'm glad I didn't.
7) I have NEVER liked mainstream country music, with the exception of bluegrass and zydeco.
8) I spent a weekend in the Paris Hilton. Wanna see the video? j/k One of my hobbies is trying to shock people with some of the jokes I tell. Pissing people off is just a natural talent I have.
Since I don't have 8 people to tag, I'm posting yet another video. It's completely unrelated to the above post, but I like it. It's a fan video that combines footage from one of my favorite films (Equilibrium) with one of my favorite songs by VAST. Enjoy.