Vote for America's future. Vote Green.

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The Democratic Party: One debate that should NOT be needed

I've read about some disagreement within the Democratic Party about how hard to attack John McCain. Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't those of us who have contributed to the Obama campaign actually TRYING to get him elected? Fuck me sideways! To those lotus-eaters who are afraid of going negative (that means you, Mark Warner), need I remind you that politics are simply another form of war? I don't often like to agree with James Carville, but I must agree with his following statement: "If this party has a message, it's done a hell of a job hiding it tonight, I promise you that." Put out your vision, put out your hopes for the future and show how you are in touch with the American people, and ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK!!! FUCK!!! Keep the hits above the belt, but hit him like you fucking MEAN IT!!! It's not as though John McNasty hasn't provided enough material in just the last eight years to sink THREE candidates. You don't have to dig hard or look very far. What you do, however, have to do is REMIND THE PUBLIC!!! Do you want the White House, and do you want 70+ seats in the House and a filibuster-proof majority in the Senate? THEN FIGHT, GODDAMN IT!!! GET OUT OF YOUR CORNER AND START SWINGING!!! Body blows, hits to the head, I don't give a fuck. JUST FIGHT!!! All this passive-aggressive bullshit will accomplish is another four years of a Bush-clone, and I doubt any of us want that, not even the Hill-bots.

In that sense, I was torn between relief and pure, unadulterated glee when I saw Senator Obama's latest attack ad. It's funny, it's hard-hitting, it's memorable, it lands a nice little jab, AND IT'S AN ATTACK!!! Sure, I'd love to see something more, but it's a good start.

In breaking with my tradition, I'm not going to post music. Instead, I'm going to post even more hilarious vulgarity that is in line with the content of my post. Enjoy. NSFW, but then again, neither is this blog because of my language.

See more funny videos at Funny or Die

2 comments:

1138 said...

You are right but they have to be careful. They've created some problems for themselves.
Obama go no on drilling and then moving towards it, Biden voting for the war, Biden voting for the patriot act twice Obama voting for the warentless wiretap crap and retroactive immunity.

They've done a good job of castrating themselves - it would have been no better had Hillary gotten the nomination as McSame light.

You are right they need to hit on SOMETHING and it needs to be;

ARE YOU BETTER OFF THAN YOU WERE EIGHT YEARS AGO?
NO!!
IS MCCAIN OFFERING ANYTHING DIFFERENT THAN WHAT YOU HAVE HAD?
NO!!
THEN ELECT US!!!!

Mandelbrot's Chaos said...

Maybe it's the overweight single 30-something in me, but the woman at the beginning of the video watching the news with her character's husband was kinda hot.

Now on matters that are actually relevant, I agree that the Democrats need to be careful in their attacks. There are weak areas that, should they attack, they open themselves up to a devastating counter. That said, there's still more than enough material to work with that would not run afoul of those weak spots. If we are to elect someone other than a Bush-clone, if we are to receive better from our government than we've been getting, going negative, intelligently, fairly, and most importantly, unrelentingly, is our only hope. "New politics" is all well and good, but before we can go there, if we ever can, we have to take care of the old business first.

To spoof a spoof, I close with this: I'm Chaotic Fred, and I'm NOT hot.