Vote for America's future. Vote Green.

Thursday, June 08, 2006

Is Ann Coulter really Eva Braun reincarnate?

Her latest antics have forced me to say something I thought I'd only say when hell froze over: Hilary Clinton is right about something. Specifically, Hilary Clinton is not only right but also proper to be outraged and express her outrage at what Ann Coulter said in her appropriately-dated book release about the 9/11 widows, saying of the widows "I've never seen people enjoying their husbands' deaths so much," and calling the grieving 9/11 widows "The Witches of East Brunswick." We've all become accustomed to Ann Coulter's insane rantings and not-so-pretty hate, but this is a new low I didn't believe even she would approach. Peter Rost on the Huffington Post takes an interesting position, and I certainly see his point. It's a point I've made here a time or two about different people and groups. The difference in this case, though, is that Ann Coulter is just such a bitch that I find it difficult to keep my silence each time she vomits a new and horribly, intentionally stupid belief. I think, however, that Keith Olbermann of MSNBC expressed it best when he asked a question I'm sure many of us have asked ourselves, though never so succinctly, "Honestly, if you were Ann Coulter's attorney at a sanity hearing where could you possibly start?"

She attacks "godless liberals", and yet I probably qualify as one of the roughly 6 billion people she hates. I am godless, though there are a very few things I believe are sacred. I certainly don't worship anything she recognizes as a deity, or to be more blunt, I don't worship her. I swear, she's a waste of perfectly good fake breasts. I don't really worship anything in the sense that she means it because I question and, at times, take to task those I revere and my beliefs on occasion instead of being a mindless cretin like her fans. All that I really find holy is the love of my family, friends, and a fondness for a few other people and pets, and a belief that things should get better and ideas for the same and a knowledge that this will require a hell of a lot of work. For some people, that's not enough, but for me, that's more than plenty. And liberal? Only if you're to the right of Attila the Hun, which in her view means that I am, in fact, her definition of liberal. And if she or anyone else doesn't like that or cannot for some reason accept me for who I am, I will be happy to bend over and wear a thong so those offended can kiss my ass.

No comments: